For the new year, why not do yourself a favor and de-clutter your home? This task seems difficult, but in reality there are 5 simple steps to make you stress less and enjoy what you have more.
1. Do Not Take Anything More In. De-cluttering is a waste of time if you simply replace the old stuff with new. You need to decrease the amount you bring into your home and buy less.
2. De-clutter the What is Easy for You First. Don’t make it hard on yourself, start easy with the things you don’t have a problem parting with. Starting with the easy stuff will strengthen your will to reduce, and the harder decisions will become easier.
3. Do Not Keep Things Because You Feel Like You Need To. Your home should only have the things you love or use. Don’t feel the need to keep things just because they were given to you ad a gift. You have the right to decide if things are worth staying in your space.
4. Do Not Be Afraid to Let Go. While some items are useful, all are not. Many things are not necessary for your happiness. We do not need a lot in our lives to be happy.
5. Do Not Waste Your Time with the Clutter. Every item you own takes time out of your life to maintain it. Don’t waste your time on things you don’t actually care about and do something more meaningful to you with your spare time.