Bagpipes blare and the proud Irish march down many Main Streets this month. During this St. Patrick’s Season, there will be many parades throughout the Hudson Valley. The following is a list of the biggest parades in the Hudson Valley along with the dates and locations. Don’t miss out on seeing them!
- March 1: Featuring more than 3,000 participants, the 19th annual Dutchess County St. Patrick’s Day Parade steps off at 1 p.m. and wends its way through Wappingers Falls. dcsppc.org
- March 6: The third largest parade in the state, the Northern Westchester and Putnam St. Patrick’s Day Parade marches along Route 6 in Mahopac, beginning at 2 p.m. saintpatricksdayparade.net
- March 15: The 64th Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade — which begins at 2 p.m. on Quail Street and Central Avenue — is preceded by Mass at the city’s Blessed Sacrament Church.albanystpatricksdayparade.com
- March 16: Marchers in the Kingston St. Patrick’s Parade begin at the Kingston Plaza at 1 p.m. and continue into the Rondout section. Spectators who arrive at 12:30 p.m. can watch the 26th annualShamrock Run. ulsteraoh.com/parade.htm
- March 16: Stepping off from Orange County’s Government Center at 2 p.m., the Mid-Hudson St. Patrick’s Parade marches through Goshen. mhspp.org
- March 23: Rockland County AOH St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 1:30 p.m. in Pearl River, and has been known to attract close to 80,000 spectators in past years. rocklandcountyaoh.com